Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Double Secret Probation

Last year, in early July, after a dreadful loss to the Cardinals in a game they should have easily won, I lost it.  I lost it, and I placed the Mets on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.   (You can see the post here: http://trippingac.blogspot.com/2008/07/and-its-same-old-song.html)

From that point on (until their mid-september slide anyway), the Mets went on a fantastic run and played great baseball.  So, even though it's only April - even though it would be rash to get too upset about how amazing the Mets have been at finding ways to blow leads and lose games - I am taking a preemptive measure here.  I am now placing you, NY Mets, on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.

Because I cannot take watching this bullshit from now until July.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

should have gone triple...

AC said...

I could go quadruple at this point. I don't think it will matter.