Thursday, July 16, 2009

The 2nd half, and the state of our New York Mets

On occasion, I like to check out other teams' blogs in order to get an idea of the pulse of the other fanbases.  Mostly I do this with the Phillies, and I tend to check out philliesnation.com most of the time.  I read this piece just the other day:


Everything seems to be perfect in Phillies nation.  If that post is representative of the feelings of the fanbase, and I think it is, I have to say - I don't think I've ever seen a team and their fans feel so good about themselves before.  And they have every reason to feel good about themselves.  They are defending champs, and they have a commanding lead in the division entering the second half.  

The Mets and their fans, on the other hand, don't have much reason to feel good about themselves.  Our injury ridden squad is in 4th place and 6 and half games behind, with no relief immediately in sight.  

Call me crazy, but I like this situation.  While the injury situation still greatly concerns me, I like them feeling good and smug about themselves, and I like us chasing.  The Mets are better this way.  

Hope.  

No comments: