Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Adam Dunn

Should the Mets trade Bobby Parnell and Fernando Martinez for Adam Dunn?  I would think Dunn would cost something like that.  So let's say Washington would make that deal.  Should the Mets make that deal?  

Parnell has great stuff, showed tremendous promise in April and May, but has stunk lately and is hardly major league proven.  F-Mart, top-prospect notwithstanding, has a long way to go before he is even close to major-league ready.  And who knows how he'll turn out.  

Add on to that the fact that the Mets' offense right now is absurdly anemic.  Dunn will provide the power the lineup is missing.  He is a 40, 100 guy.  AND, if we get a healthy and able Delgado back, Dunn can move to right field.  Granted, the thought of Dunn playing right at CitiField kinda scares me, but let's face it - we need the power very badly.  Imagine this lineup:

Reyes
Castillo
Beltran
Delgado
Wright
Dunn
Sheffield/Church
Schneider/Santos
Pitcher

Yes, I'll take that.  

I don't know in my heart if this would be a good trade.  But I'm leaning towards it.  In fact, if I had to make a decision right now in the face of losing the option entirely, I'd probably say make the trade.  

No comments: